Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 72

Thread: School Board Meeting Tonight.. . .

  1. #51
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonight.. . .

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DieHardSportsGal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the shoe would be on the other foot if it were kids from PV, Wise & Coeburn that were going to lose their schools. They would then be the ones wanting to save their communities. </div></div>

    You do know that all six high schools will be closing, don't you?

    If school = community, then the entire county is screwed.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #52
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonight.. . .

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DieHardSportsGal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the shoe would be on the other foot if it were kids from PV, Wise & Coeburn that were going to lose their schools. They would then be the ones wanting to save their communities. </div></div>


    Am I wrong in my understanding that they will be "loseing" there schools as well?

    To my knowleg the current plan is not to put Appy kids at PV, Pound at Kelly and St Paul at Coeburn. (Hell I might be wrong but I was under the impression we were looking at 3 NEW schools)

  3. #53
    Inactive Member DieHardSportsGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2007
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonight.. . .

    Yes, but everyone knows where these 3 new schools will be built I'm sure. I'd be willing to bet any amount of money that none of the 3 will be in the Appy, Pound or St. Paul zip code.
    Progress always involves risk. You can't steal second base with your foot on first.

  4. #54
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonight.. . .

    So now the fight is about zip codes? having a certain zip code doesn't mean the new school belongs to _that_ town and the other town serviced is just an outsider. That's just grasping at straws now...

    Regardless of where built each new school will service 2 communities each, and none of the three schools are going to be built "IN" a town.

    And like I said before, not everyone from those poor unfortunate left out dying communities of Pound, Appy, St. Paul is against consolidation.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #55
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonight.. . .

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DieHardSportsGal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, but everyone knows where these 3 new schools will be built I'm sure. I'd be willing to bet any amount of money that none of the 3 will be in the Appy, Pound or St. Paul zip code. </div></div>

    To be quite frank, why would new schools be built in those towns? It isn't as if any of those three towns is a thriving metropolis.

    If it were up to me, Appalachia, Pound and St Paul would be closed and all students would be moved to Big Stone Gap, Coeburn, and Wise.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #56
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonight.. . .

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DieHardSportsGal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, but everyone knows where these 3 new schools will be built I'm sure. I'd be willing to bet any amount of money that none of the 3 will be in the Appy, Pound or St. Paul zip code. </div></div>

    Probably not (although the rumer is that the Pound/Wise school would be on the Pound side of Indain Creek) IMHO they SHOULD be as central as they can be while remaining on/near a 4 lane road

  7. #57
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonight.. . .

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DieHardSportsGal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, but everyone knows where these 3 new schools will be built I'm sure. I'd be willing to bet any amount of money that none of the 3 will be in the Appy, Pound or St. Paul zip code. </div></div>

    And why would they when less than a 1/3 of the enrollment would come from said towns.

    You do also realize this is just the high schools the elementary/middle schools will remain just as they are.

    And you are another one that thinks the school brings money into the town somehow. The school at best is a pure drain on the town economically.

    Oh I forgot the 1000's of fans that pour into every sporting event and eat at all the restraunts and stay at all the hotels. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img]
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  8. #58
    Inactive Member DieHardSportsGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2007
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonight.. . .

    And you are another one that thinks the school brings money into the town somehow. The school at best is a pure drain on the town economically.

    You have no clue what I think, so let's not start that. And while it would be great if they were all in neutral locations, everyone knows that is not going to happen.
    Progress always involves risk. You can't steal second base with your foot on first.

  9. #59
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonight.. . .

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DieHardSportsGal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have no clue what I think
    </div></div>

    Just a Guess but....."GO DAWGS!!!!!"

    sorry I could not help myself [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

  10. #60
    Inactive Member DieHardSportsGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2007
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board Meeting Tonight.. . .

    Good guess.
    Progress always involves risk. You can't steal second base with your foot on first.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •